Volunteering is a great way to help to make life better for homeless and vulnerable people in your local community. You also get to meet people, learn new skills & expand your horizons.
Jacqui, one of our volunteers, spoke to us and gave her top 10 reasons why she loves giving some of her time:
- I always come away with a smile on my face
- The events are great fun and very well organised
- There’s always a fantastic atmosphere on the day
- I know I’m supporting an extremely worthy cause
- The roles on the day are really varied so there’s something for everyone
- I know my time is appreciated whether I can offer 1 hour or 5 hours
- I get to meet lots of new people
- I see the commitment from the staff and other volunteers to help vulnerable people firsthand
- I have a birds eye view of some wonderful activities and events that I wouldn’t have otherwise seen
- I’ve learnt that homelessness can happen to anyone and through the support of Julian House many vulnerable people are given the guidance and support to get their lives back on track.