Sleep out for just one night and help those who are forced to sleep out every night.
Spend the night under the stars at St James Park, home of Exeter City Football Club from 8pm to 8am and raise vital funds for homeless charity Julian House. Giving up just one night could really make a difference.
This is your opportunity to help homeless and excluded men and women in and around Exeter. It might seem a romantic idea – sleeping outside, watching the stars and day dreaming…but imagine having no choice but to do it every night. Julian House would like to invite you to ditch the comfort of your warm bed for just one night the stadium at St James Park.
The sponsorship you raise will help Julian House run its various projects supporting homeless men and women. We do not set a minimum but hope you will raise as much as you can. You can enter as an individual, as a family, with friends or as a team, with work colleagues or as an organisation.
When and Where
- St James Park, Exeter
- Register between 8:00pm-10:00pm
- 11:00pm- Quiet/Sleep time
- 7:00am – Breakfast
- 7:30 – Sleepers start to depart
What should you bring
- Sleeping bag
- Plenty of warm clothes
- Cardboard and plastic sheeting
- Hat & gloves
- Snacks or money for snacks and hot drinks
- A sense of humour!
Please do not bring
- Anything that will disturb fellow sleepers
We will provide
- Limited Emergency shelter (for extreme weather)
- First Aid Support
- Security Marshals/ patrols throughout the night
- St James Park café will be open until 11pm for you to buy drinks and snacks.
- Bacon butty or muffin with a hot drink for breakfast
Important Guidelines and Rules
- The event is free to take part but we ask you to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- Please do not go onto the pitch at any time.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult (max ratio 4:1)
- Anyone between 16-18 needs to provide written consent from a parent or carer (a form will be provided on registration)
- Emergency shelter will be provided (in case of extreme weather)
- Marshals will be on duty throughout the night but Julian House cannot accept any liability for injury or loss, theft or damage to personal property
- Parking is limited on site, but cars can be left overnight at Belmont Road Car Park or there is limited street parking on Saint James’ Road. Please park considerably.
- All belongings, cardboard and litter must be taken off site by 8am and disposed of considerately.
For further details please contact Sarah Lakey:
07957 699 485
With thanks to: