This summer, get outdoors, get searching and find the secret riddles to unlock the treasure in our Big Summer Scavenger Hunt. With a trail for children of all ages and our special ‘Code Breaker’ Trail for adults and older teenagers (though younger children will enjoy the hunt), it’s the perfect opportunity to have fun for a good cause.
We have two amazing routes for you to choose from and you can take part on any day between Saturday 24th July and Saturday 7th August:
If you crack the code, you’ll be entered into our prize draw to win some awesome prizes, including:
- Afternoon Tea for 4 at Royal Crescent Hotel
- 2 x Adult Tickets to Mary Shelley’s House of Frankenstein museum
- Chew Valley Animal Park Family Ticket
- £50 My Small World Voucher
- 5 x £5 vouchers to spend at Sugarcane Studio for a delicious cake or macaron & coffee
Delicious hamper of goodies from Newton Farm Shop
Marian Hill’s Beetles and Bugs of Britain A2 poster
More to be revealed soon…
Super Spies – Family Scavenger Hunt
Suitable for families with pushchairs, children of all ages and wheelchair users.
‘Super Spies’ is a real-life family adventure. Your job is to use the map to find the special treasure points hidden in the city of Bath, away from the hustle and bustle of the center. Along the way, you must solve the riddles and reveal the secret letters. These all add up to that all-important code word! Crack the code and enter it to unlock the long lost ‘Bath Jewels.’ And you might win a prize!
Along the way, your little super spies will be tasked with fun, imaginative games, and activities to help them learn about and explore the historic city. It is the perfect day out, full of fun, activities, and games.
Spy outfits are encouraged!
Route: The area to discover includes The Circus, the Royal Crescent and Royal Victoria Park, where there’s plenty of open outdoor space to enjoy. We suggest you aim to finish at the play area and café.
Timing: Approx. 2 hours
Parking: It’s easily accessible by public transport, but if you need to drive, there’s parking in Victoria Park, Charlotte Street car park or in the centre of Bath. You can also park in the various Park and Rides around Bath, including Odd Down and Newbridge.
The Code Breaker Trail – GPS Scavenger Hunt
- Suitable for adults and children aged 12+. (Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.)
This trail is perfect for friends, families and colleagues seeking adventure. Head out on our 6-mile trail across Bath’s beautiful open countryside. Along the way you must hunt down hidden QR codes. Remember, not everything is as it seems!
Within them, you must solve the riddles and reveal the secret letters. These all add up to that all-important code word! Crack the code and enter it to unlock the long lost ‘Bath Jewels.’
To take part you will need your smartphone with access to data. Follow the points on the map, find QR codes and scan them using the barcode scanner on your phone. (This is usually an existing feature within your camera. However, you may need a barcode scanner app if your phone doesn’t have this capability.)
Route: The six-mile circular trail is set in Bath’s beautiful surrounding countryside where you’ll explore Newton Brook, ancient woodland, open fields and the quaint Newton St Loe. Grab a coffee from the farm shop before continuing your trail. You can start anywhere along the route, but if you’re driving in we’d recommend parking at Newbridge Park and Ride and starting the route there.
Timing: Approx. 3-4 hours
Parking: Start the trail at Newbridge Park and Ride where there is free parking. Access to toilets = 20p.
Terms and conditions for prize draw
1. Scavenger Hunt participants will be entered into the draw if they sign up, take part and crack the code.
2. Entrants must be over 18. Only one entry per person is permitted.
3. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within one week of the scavenger hunt ending.
4. The winner will be notified by email by 5pm on Friday 13st August. If a winner does not respond to Julian House within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and Julian House will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
5. Prizes will be emailed or posted to the winner apart from the hamper donated by Newton Farm Shop. This must be collected from Newton Farm Shop, Newton St Loe.
6. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
7. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Julian House to administer the prize draw.