From 7th-15th February 2020 a group of 12 individuals will be climbing the tallest free-standing mountain in the world to raise vital funds and awareness for Julian House and the people it supports.
Kilimanjaro is no mean feat and while the challenge will require determination, stamina and team work, it’s a challenge that will not only change your life but also the life of someone within our care.
By climbing Kilimanjaro you’ll not only be raising an incredible amount of money for Julian House, but you’ll also be standing up and taking action against homelessness.
Unless you’ve been homeless it’s hard to image what it’s like. But we can tell you what homelessness isn’t. It isn’t prejudice, it isn’t decreasing, it isn’t the result of one single problem and it doesn’t go away when you walk past it. At Julian House, our projects and services not only address the symptoms of homelessness but also the underlying reasons why men and women are forced on to the streets and seek to find solutions to empower and help people build sustainable, independent lives. Whether that be through supporting people into their own accommodation, learning new skills, returning to college, volunteering or finding employment. All of the money raised during this challenge will go towards helping a person build a safer, happier, more fulfilled life.
- Return flights to and from Bristol
- Stay in the Marangu Hotel, when not on expedition. This beautifully situated hotel, on the slopes of Kilimanjaro, stands in twelve acres of lush gardens with a swimming pool and croquet lawn.
- 5 day trek to the top of Kilimanjaro (ascend in 4 days, 1 day descent.)
- Participants only carry a small day sack/rucksack. Majority of kit carried by porters.
Top challenge highlights:
- Accomplish one of the greatest challenges of all time by ascending the world’s highest freestanding mountain.
- Camp under the stars while on expedition.
- Watch the sunrise as you reach the Crater’s Rim.
- Explore some of the most varied landscapes on earth, from montane forests, to high altitude deserts.
- Meet and be-friend mutual supporters of Julian House.
- Experience traditional Tanzanian culture and cuisine.
How can I take part?
For more information and to sign up click here.
We ask for a registration fee of £400 to secure your place and a guarantee you can raise a minimum sponsorship target of £3,500. All travel, accommodation and the majority of meals are included within this challenge cost. The only items not covered are a Tanzania visa (£40), travel insurance, tips for guides, drinks and other items of a personal nature.
While £3,500 may seem a daunting figure, we’ve created a really comprehensive fundraising guide that gives you a step by step guide to help you raise the funds. I’m also on hand every step of the way to help you achieve your target. Just drop me an email or give me a call on email@example.com / 07939055432