The Travelling Communities Support Service aims to improve the lives of Gypsy, Showpeople, Roma, Boater and Traveller communities across Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES) and Wiltshire. The service is commissioned by HCRG Group in B&NES.
Julian House has a dedicated Outreach Team providing flexible and holistic 1:2:1 support that is tailored to the needs of each individual. We also work with service providers and agencies; identifying inclusive ways of working to reduce inequalities experienced by GRTB communities.
What can you expect?
- In person or telephone support to see what you need and how we can help
- Help to access local services such as health appointments
- Liaison with the Canal and Rivers Trust and other relevant agencies
Gypsy, Roma & Travellers have one of the poorest health profiles for a community in the UK with a lower life expectancy and higher burden of illness due to low socioeconomic status, environmental conditions, discrimination and poor access to health services.
Julian House offers free training for organisations and individuals in Wiltshire and B&NES.
This training offers:
- To give you a better understanding of the diversity within GRTSB communities and an overview of the culture and history of these groups.
- To give you a better understanding of the barriers to accommodation, health, and education services faced by GRTSB communities and those living a nomadic lifestyle.
- To teach you how you and your organisation can be more inclusive to GRTSB groups and support people to overcome barriers when accessing services.
- You will hear voices from the communities throughout the training and examples of best practice in your local area.
To book please contact email@example.com
If you are a service provider seeking advice or for any other enquiries please contact:
If you’re an individual seeking support please contact our Outreach and Engagement Team:
or call: 01225 354650
Bath and North East Somerset: 07946 200 271