We are excited to announce the launch of some new Gypsies & Travellers safety packs, following our collaborative work Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue.
Tracy Jenkins Safe & Well Team Leader said “Working with Jassy from Julian House, we recognised a need for a pack similar to our Boat Safety packs, specifically for the Travelling community, so we worked with the GRTB team to produce a new Gypsies & Travellers pack which contains a smoke alarm, a carbon monoxide detector and fire safety information.”
“Fires in vehicles and caravans can be devastating, and we hope the packs will help to keep more people safe. It’s also important to raise awareness of carbon monoxide and the dangers it presents. Travellers are may be at risk if they encounter problems with solid fuel stoves, including flue pipes, so it’s important to be aware of the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning and to seek help quickly.”
Jassy Powles from the Julian House team said “The packs for Boaters we previously worked on have been a great success and we can’t wait to get the new Gypsies & Travellers packs out to land-based Travellers across the County.”
You can find out more about our Travelling Communities Support Service here.