Sleep out for just one night and help us raise vital funds and awareness for people forced to sleep out every night.
In 2023, we provided life-changing support to over 2000 vulnerable individuals who were experiencing, or at risk of, homelessness across the South-West. It’s a grim realisation that without support like ours, the life expectancy of a long-term homeless person is just 44 years.
But, you can help us change that.
Join us and others across Basingstoke and Deane and reflect on those experiencing homelessness and help them wake up to a brighter future. Just swap your bed for a sleeping bag and brave the weather for one night outside.
The Big Basingstoke Sleep Out isn’t about replicating rough sleeping. Of course, spending one cold night at May’s Bounty cricket club couldn’t possibly come close to the stark reality of being homeless and sleeping on the streets.
However, if you take on this eye-opening challenge, you will raise funds to help Julian House both rebuild and save lives.
It may not be your most comfortable night’s sleep, but it will be one of your most worthwhile ones.
Sign up via the link, and you will be on your way to raising vital funds to provide safe shelter and support for men and women forced to sleep outside every night.
What will l need on the night?
- Sleeping bag
- Cardboard and/or plastic sheeting to be placed between you and the ground
- Plenty of warm clothes, hats, gloves, and waterproofs
- Snacks and drinks
- A torch. One with a red filter is best. You can buy these or make your own with some red film.
Will I receive any resources for the night and to help me fundraise?
Absolutely. We will send you regular emails between now and the event to help organise your fundraising and how to sleep out on the night. If you’d like some fundraising tips now, head to our Fundraising Tips & Ideas page.
What is the fundraising target?
Every penny and pound you raise goes towards supporting vulnerable, at-risk and isolated individuals. Adult entry fee is £5 (kids go free) and we ask that all participants try to raise as much as they can, so that we can continue to fund our vital projects and services.
Do I need to Create A Team?
If you want to register and sign up more than one person, you need to create a team (via the sign up link above).
1) Click Register next to the ticket you need
2) Under ‘Create Or Join A Team’ click Create.
3) Name your team
4) In the box below, either add other email addresses (to invite colleagues, family or friends), you don’t need to leave an email for under 16 year olds, just leave blank.
5) Click ‘Create’
6) Add your details and click Continue
7) Click ‘Register Another Person’ and start process again to add more people to your team.